We are an organisation established in 1989 by the members of the Helsinki Committee in Poland.
Our mission is - the development of the human liberties and rights culture, both domestically and abroad.
Since 2007 we have Consultative Status with the United Nation's Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The rights of minorities
ph.: /22/ 556 44 40
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/functionsNew.php on line 1215
The program's main tasks include conducting research on the situation of individuals belonging to national, ethnic and religious minorities, preparing reports and opinions in this scope, and in cases of confirmed discrimination - undertaking interventions. We also organize conferences and seminars devoted to this subject matter as well as meetings of representatives of national, ethnic and religious minorities. Since September 2003, as the National Focal Point of the RAXEN network, we cooperate with the European Union Fundamental Rights Agency.
Publications issued as part of the program:
- "Freedom of Conscience and Religious Denomination. Legal Guidebook for Churches and Religious Associations.", Warsaw 2003
- "Freedom of Conscience and Religious Denomination. Monitoring Report.", Warsaw 2002
- Report on the Situation of People Belonging to National and Ethnic Minorities", Warsaw 1994
Selected international documents concerning the protection of minorities:
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- Framework Convention on the protection of national minorities
- Directive 2000/43/EC of the Council of the European Union introducing the principle of equal treatment of people regardless of race and ethnic origin
- Declaration of rights of individuals belonging to national and ethnic, religious and language minorities